Silver Lake Sand Dunes

Posted by Tracee

The view of the sand dunes from the cabins. They are so much bigger than they look from here.


They had their own little "beach" to play in.


This was the only pic I got with the cabins in it. Ours was the little one on the right.

Savannah was making pies.

Emma and her friend Jennifer.


We just got back last night from Silver Lake, Michigan. What a relaxing mini-vacation! We have some friends that own 2 cabins that they rent out really cheap. They were there too so the kids had playmates the whole time which was nice. www.silverlakesanddunes.com
What an interesting place. I have never seen anything like it before. The dunes were really amazing. The lake was very clean and Rich was on cloud nine because he was able to play on their jetski all he wanted. We were in walking distance to everything. We went swimming, went over to climb the dunes, played in the sand, played miniature golf, raced go carts, saw a huge fireworks show that they let off at the sand dunes, went over to Lake Michigan to see the light house, and just chilled!! What was really neat was to see all the dune buggies, jeeps, quads, dirt bikes, and monster type trucks everywhere with their flags going over to climb the dunes. We would definately go up again. The lake is actually hosting their first annual KCBS BarBQ cook-off in September...so you know Rich was all over that! www.slsdbbq.com
I have tons of pics as usual...I don't have any of the dunes close-up on my digital because I was warned that the sand blowing over there will ruin a good camera. So I took a disposable over. I'll have to figure out how to get those on here sometime.

This entry was posted on Thursday, July 06, 2006 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments