Been a while!

Posted by Tracee

I almost don't know where to begin. I think that is why I have been ignoring my blog this last week. We did so much while we were in Texas its hard to mention everything.

Some of the highlights of our trip were:
-Rushing to make it to Lambert's Cafe (Sikeston, Missouri) before they closed. We made it and the kids got to have their "throwed rolls". We have always loved that place!
-Swimming at Uncle Ryan's house. The kids got to spend time with their cousins. And also enjoying some good Texas bar-b-q while we were there.
-Spending the night out in Dallas (alone) for our 11th anniversary. We stayed at the Westin Hotel at the Galleria, and had dinner at the Oceanaire (yum). We did some shopping and later went to Pete's Piano bar. It's exactly like Howl at the Moon, except the air condition actually worked. We really ejoyed our time together!
-Meeting friends at the waterpark in The Colony. It was great to get together and see how everybody's kids have grown. And meeting some of the new little ones. :)
-Riding horses at Nini's and Papa's. Savannah has quite the love for horses that we were unaware of until we got there. She jumped right up there and wanted to be near them alot. She was not afraid one bit! Trevor got on for the first time, too. He never wanted to get too close before. Emma always likes getting on them. And if you can believe it....My mom got on one for the first time in her life! That was fun watching her get on and ride!
-Meeting up with my friends from High School, Missy and Kristi. We met at Dave & Busters for dinner and then played some games after. They haven't changed a bit! They are actually talking about planning a trip up to Indiana for a visit! I would love that!
-My first pedicure! I went with Tina the morning of the wedding to have that and a manicure! I don't know why I haven't ever had one before. I will definately try to get one every few months or so.
-Rehearsal dinner at Papacita's, my favorite "real" mexican restaurant. It was soooo good! Just as I remembered!
-And finally...the reason we actually went down in the first place...The wedding. It was absolutely beautiful! The girls did a great job. I'm so glad to see that my brother is happy! We love Tina and are so excited for both of them!

I have tons of pictures. I will sift through some of them and pick out my favorites. It's going to be hard. I may have to make a few posts for the pics.

It is great to be back. We have a lot planned for the rest of the summer. This week the kids are doing VBS. Its nice for them to get a break from each other and nice for me to have a small break myself.

This entry was posted on Monday, June 19, 2006 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments