What a long time it's been! I guess it's about time that I update. I have been spending way too much time working and not enough time on the things I enjoy doing. So to make a long story short, here is an update on our summer. We started the summer going to many baseball games. Trevor's team, the Cubs, actually won the championship this year. So that was very exciting! He was picked to play on the all-star team. He was excited because he's never been picked before. The girls had their ballet recital in June. They did one called Fancy Free. It was a very pretty patriotic recital. Emma went to Girl Scout camp again this summer. She had a blast as usual with her friends. Savannah attended VBS at our church. It was the same week as Emma's camp, so she wasn't able to attend this year. Trevor volunteered a couple of days. We took our annual trip to Silver Lake, Michigan over the Fourth of July. We always have such a good time there. This year we took one of the dune rides overlooking Silver Lake and Lake Michigan. It was a blast! We had many afternoons at the pool and a few trips to some of the water parks close by. I chaperoned for the youth group on the back to school retreat. They went to King's Island in Cincinnati. It was nice to take a trip with just Trevor. We had a good time hanging out together, we don't get to do that very often. Then school was back in session on the 13th. It doesn't seem like they get much of a summer anymore. But really, they were ready to go back. They are enjoying school so far. The restaurant will hopefully reopen soon in the new location. We will continue to accept prayers on getting the state permits for the exhaust hoods. Who knew that we would ever have so much trouble getting that piece of paper into our hands. Its so crazy but we just have to continue to be patient. Thank goodness for catering jobs!! Speaking of that, last night he catered a very exciting event. Noblesville's high school football game was played in Lucas Oil Stadium. It was the first game in the brand new stadium. Even before the Colts. Their first game is tomorrow. So he was asked to sell food during the tail gating party before the game. It was so crowded. I had a very scary thing happen to me during the game. We were ready to leave and were walking down the stairs and I had to throw some trash away. The girls were following me, or so I thought. Savannah didn't realize we were going that direction and she went another. When I turned back she was gone. I lost her for about ten minutes or so (which seemed like an hour) in the crowd of Millers fans. I think that made it harder because everyone had on black and gold. I was very scared but tried to stay calm. I knew we would find her. Mom, Emma, and I kept calling for her and looking everywhere in that direction with no luck. I started to panic and there were NO attendants or security anywhere in sight. So I had to run out to the concessions and ask for help. I sent Mom down to stay with the boys (Trevor and his friend Quentin that we had brought with us). I spoke with some security guy on the phone to describe what she was wearing, etc. and after waiting for a few minutes I see my Mom with her down the hallway. She said when she got lost she ran down to find Trevor. She did the right thing and stayed calm. I am so proud of her. I never would have thought she would have remembered where they were sitting. It is such a big place. I've never had an experience like that before and never want to feel it again. Well, I am going to attach a bunch of random pictures from the summer. They may be completely out of order. I shouldn't wait so long next time.




0 comments